The Law Offices Of Burch Coulston And Shepard - Absolutely Poor Representation- Esp When Fighting for Your Family

I hired attorney Courtney Shepard (The Law Offices of Burch, Coulston & Shepard, L.L.P.8001 Irvine Center Drive Irvine, CA 92618 Phone: 949-502-4400 ) and she met with me and my mother ONCE in person for any type of in-depth consultation.

She stated on multiple occasions that she was going to file a motion for my divorce and custody and NEVER did. They then neglected to contact me when they decided not to file the default altogether! When you are fighting for your child- and you are told things are almost over while you are missing months of his life- this is UNACCEPTABLE. I am know having to fight to recover any remaining part of the retainer and obtain a billing statement.

I work hard, often in excess of 10 hours a day and make nothing near the $300 something an hour Ms. Shepard is making.

It's pretty sorry that someone who claims to be an advocate for families would provide this kind of service.i would NOT recommend this firm for anyone who seriously wants to take care of their family.

More Review Details

Product or service
Law Services
Review category
Lawyers
Review rating
4 out of 5
review #470528
Had an experience with The Law Offices Of Burch Coulston And Shepard? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 17 #1146029 Irvine, California

Report them to the California State Bar. Here is the information link
There mistreated my family as well and left us severely in debt. I had to find a new attorney who had to fix things and that brought stability to my family. Nothing they did helped my family in my opinion and my final attorney agreed with that and helped me, she was where the value happened.
I wish everyone well and hope you are recovering from this.

3 0 Reply

Apr 17 #1146026

How horrible. My family has also suffered because of what they did and didn't do. I wish everyone Godspeed and that you too recover from being mistreated by these guys. It clearly is an ongoing pattern and they like to blame the client which is so not true and just another indicator of their defensive arrogance. Good luck everyone.

4 0 Reply
Pat

Feb 09 #1109036 Irvine, California

The law office of Burch, Coulson & Shepard......especially Attorney Robert Burch are known for over billing. He has had at least two malpractice cases against him as well. Buyers beware.

11 0 Reply
Past Divorce Client

Feb 05 #1107250 Tustin, California

Simply one of the worst experiences of hiring someone for retained services. Did not produce quality services and value was poor. He billed for things that offered zero value and did not responsibly follow-up on what he was supposed to. He has a weird vibe around him like something is off or he just brushes things off like its no big deal and forgets about you. staff is weak.

14 0 Reply
Past Client

Dec 29, 2015 #1085783 Irvine, California

Reported to the California State Bar. Malpractice Case filed.

12 0 Reply
me

Jan 13, 2014 #772771

Report them to the bar assocation

21 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to The Law Offices Of Burch Coulston And Shepard. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about The Law Offices Of Burch Coulston And Shepard.
Filing a new complaint about
×